Benefits of Walking 30 Minutes a Day
As the weather cools off, now is the perfect time to get outside and get moving. Exercise doesn't have to be complicated in fact, walking has some amazing benefits.
Here are 5 reasons you should walk 30 minutes a day:
- Strengthen your immune system
- Lose body fat
- Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, cancer and type 2 diabetes
- Improve your mood, cognition, memory and sleep
- Reduce stress and tension
Want to burn more calories? Turn your normal walk into a fitness stride with these tips from the Mayo Clinic.
- Your head is up. You're looking forward, not at the ground.
- Your neck, shoulders and back are relaxed, not stiffly upright.
- You're swinging your arms freely with a slight bend in your elbows. A little pumping with your arms is OK.
- Your stomach muscles are slightly tightened and your back is straight, not arched forward or backward.
- You're walking smoothly, rolling your foot from heel to toe.
4Curls: Simple Care. Beautiful Hair